Jonathan’s Place depends on the generosity of volunteers to help bring a smile and a helping hand to our children. While our staff provide exceptional care for each child, volunteers allow each child to get more personal attention.
Volunteers at Jonathan’s Place are involved in a variety of areas including: direct care with the children, administrative assistance, sorting donations, landscaping and grounds. All of our volunteer opportunities are on our Garland campus. Each potential individual volunteers must complete the following steps prior to joining our wonderful group of volunteers. (Note: the average individual takes an estimated 3 months to complete the process and begin volunteering)
- Complete volunteer application found on our website and sign up for one of our monthly orientations.
- Attend one of the monthly orientations at our Garland campus. Orientations are held every 3rd Wednesday at 6:00 pm.
- Complete and submit necessary paperwork to have an FBI background check completed
- Take provided forms and have a TB test completed at an area CareNow
- Complete online trainings
- Have a one-on-one interview with Volunteer and Community Outreach Manager at our Garland campus
Please note that due to our commitment to protect the children we serve, volunteers must be 18 years of age or older and no court-ordered community service is available.
For further information, contact our Volunteer & Community Outreach Manager.
If you’re interested in becoming an individual volunteer please click the link before to complete the application.
Individual Volunteer Application
Our next Volunteer Orientation is scheduled for Wednesday, August 21st at 6 p.m. at our Garland campus (6065 Duck Creek Drive, Garland Texas). Please sign up for orientation on your volunteer application or RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org