Jonathan’s Place depends on the generosity of volunteers to help bring a smile and a helping hand to our children. While our staff provide exceptional care for each child, volunteers allow each child to get more personal attention.
Volunteers at Jonathan’s Place are involved in a variety of areas including: direct care with the children, administrative assistance, sorting donations, landscaping and grounds. All of our volunteer opportunities are on our Garland campus. Each potential volunteer must complete the following steps (in order) prior to joining our wonderful group of volunteers. (Note: the average individual takes an estimated 3 months to complete the process and begin volunteering)
- Complete volunteer application found on website and bring it completed to orientation along with your social security card and drivers license
- RSVP for, and attend, one of the monthly orientation sessions at our Garland campus
- Complete and submit necessary paperwork to have an FBI background check completed
- Take provided forms and have a TB test completed at an area CareNow
- Complete online trainings
- Have a one-on-one interview with Volunteer and Community Outreach Manager at our Garland campus
Please note that due to our commitment to protect the children we serve, volunteers must be 18 years of age or older and no court-ordered community service is available.
For further information, contact our Volunteer & Community Outreach Manager.
If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, download the volunteer form here and save it to your computer in a location you can access. Then follow these steps:
– Open the form, Fill out each field as necessary
– Double check the form, make sure all information is correct and save it
– Email the form to email@example.com
Our next Volunteer Orientation is scheduled for Wednesday, June 19th at 6 p.m. at our Garland campus (6065 Duck Creek Drive, Garland Texas). You must RSVP for orientation to firstname.lastname@example.org