Individual Volunteer Opportunities
Jonathan’s Place provides a safe place, loving homes and promising futures for abused and neglected children, teens, and young adults. We depend on the generosity of volunteers to help bring a smile and a helping hand to our children. While our staff provide exceptional care for each child, volunteers allow each child to get more personal attention. CLICK HERE to learn more about our volunteer opportunities!
Volunteer Process and Requirements
Each potential individual volunteer must complete the following steps prior to joining our wonderful group of volunteers. In order to be considered as a volunteer for Jonathan’s Place, the process must be completed within 10 months of the initial application. Please note that the average volunteers takes 2 months to complete the process. If you have any questions or concerns during the process, do not hesitate to reach out to the Volunteer Manager, DJ, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: All volunteers must be at least 18 years old. Steps to become a volunteer are below!
- Complete the volunteer application found on our website and sign up for one of our monthly orientations.
- Attend one of the monthly orientations at our Garland campus. Orientations are held on Wednesdays, once a month, at 6:00 PM.
- Complete and submit necessary paperwork to have an FBI background check completed
- Take provided forms and have a TB test completed at an area CareNow
- Complete three online trainings.
- Have a one-on-one interview with Volunteer and Community Outreach Manager at our Garland campus
To get started please complete the Volunteer Application.
The next scheduled orientation is in November and will be held at the Garland Campus at 6065 Duck Creek Dr., Garland, TX 75043. Registration is now open! Please complete the Volunteer Application to sign up.