Individual Volunteer Opportunities
Each potential individual volunteer must complete the following steps prior to joining our wonderful group of volunteers. (Note: the average individual takes an estimated 3 months to complete the process and begin volunteering)
- Complete volunteer application found on our website and sign up for one of our monthly orientations.
- Attend one of the monthly orientations at our Garland campus. Orientations are held every 3rd Wednesday at 6:00 pm.
- Complete and submit necessary paperwork to have an FBI background check completed
- Take provided forms and have a TB test completed at an area CareNow
- Complete online trainings
- Have a one-on-one interview with Volunteer and Community Outreach Manager at our Garland campus
Emergency Shelter Direct Care
Our direct care volunteers work directly with the staff in caring for the children, which can range from infants to teens. Duties may include assisting with meals, laundry, reading a book, helping with homework, helping with night time routines, or playing games.
Girls’ Residential Therapeutic Direct Care
This program is designed to provide consistent, positive relationships between our teen girls and a female adult at least 21 years of age. We require a one year commitment with a minimum of 2 hours of weekly contact. Please note this can be a very challenging environment due to the abuse these girls have endured.
We are in need of volunteer receptionists to answer front desk phone calls and greet guests. There could also be light office work, such as filing and making copies.
Our social workers are also in need of an assistant to help with filing, copying, making packets, and any other light administrative duties needed. This would be ideal for someone thinking of going into social work or is currently studying social work. The hours are flexible, but will need to be during regular office hours.
To get started please complete the Volunteer Application.
Contact us for more information