Jonathan’s Place has been caring for abused, abandoned, and neglected children throughout North Texas for over 25 years. In order to meet the growing need for Foster and Foster-to-Adopt families our board of directors, along with various stakeholders, decided to expand our services by opening a Foster Care & Foster-to-Adopt office in downtown Ft. Worth. This new location will serve families and children in Erath, Hood, Johnson, Palo Pinto, Parker, Somervell and Tarrant counties. We are very excited to now have an office that is easily accessible to the community, families, and children of whom we serve. We are looking forward to expanding our partnerships and know that together we are making a difference in the lives of abused children.
Allicia Graham Frye, CEO Jonathan’s Place
Jonathan’s Place will educate and support you in providing a safe, loving home for children who have been abused or neglected.
How Our Program Works
The Jonathan’s Place focuses on three key areas: recruitment, training, and support.
We strive to find high-quality caregivers for the children we serve. The intended result of recruitment is to find a family who is motivated and committed to providing a safe and stable environment for a child. The knowledge and skills of the foster parents are critical to the well-being of the children in their care.
Our training takes a comprehensive approach and requires families to complete 35 hours of pre-service training and 40 hours of supervised observation in our emergency shelter or foster homes. Families complete annual training hours to continue their education. Our training is based on curriculum specifically designed for Jonathan’s Place.
After a child is placed with a family, the goal is to provide unequaled support for the entire family. Our experienced and professional case managers are committed and available to the families. They also provide in-home services, identify community resources, and act as the liaison between the family and the CPS caseworker.
For more information about becoming a foster parent, contact us at 817-887-8176.
Fort Worth Office
Counties: Tarrant, Parker, Palo Pinto, Erath, Somervell, Johnson, and Hood
Address: 777 Main Street Ste. 600, Fort Worth, TX 76102
Contact Number: 817-887-8176
Welcoming to All Families
Jonathan’s Place is welcoming to all families and provides specialized training and guidance to help you provide a nurturing and stable home for children who have been abused or neglected.
We are always in need of parents and families who can provide:
- Homes for sibling groups of two or more
- Homes for children of all racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds
- Homes for children of all sexual orientations
- Homes for children with behavioral, emotional, or physical special needs
- Homes for teenagers
Jonathan’s Place does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or military status.
Why Choose Jonathan’s Place?
Jonathan’s Place Foster Care program exceeds the State’s minimum requirements for becoming a licensed foster home. The additional training and experience equips families to meet the needs of children placed in their care. Foster families at Jonathan’s Place receive unparalleled service and attention.
Benefits of Choosing Jonathan’s Place
- A professional case management team to help you through the process and support for you throughout your time with Jonathan’s Place
- Experienced trainers who are knowledgeable in the child welfare system and the needs of the children served
- Access to the Hillcrest Foundation Donation Center at Jonathan’s Place filled with clothing, toys, school supplies, etc.
- Opportunities to observe and interact with children in the Jonathan’s Place Emergency Shelter
- Online support and training resources, including a website dedicated to the Foster Care program
- On-going annual in-house training
- Opportunities for cultural events such as tickets to AT&T Performing Arts Center shows, The Perot Museum, and sporting events
- 24/7 Parent Support for emergency situations
- Beautiful training and meeting facilities on the Jonathan’s Place campus