WHAT: (DALLAS) – World Champion Gymnast Simone Biles will share her personal journey as a featured guest during A Chance to Soar, a benefit luncheon for Jonathan’s Place; a nonprofit agency that provides a continuum of care for children, birth to age 23, that have been abused, abandoned and neglected. This is the 6th Annual A Chance to Soar Luncheon hosted by Jonathan’s Place.
WHO: Guest Speaker Simone Biles is one of the most decorated gymnasts in recent history and has been dubbed “the most talented gymnast of all-time.” Biles and her sister Adria were adopted by their grandparents at a young age. Biles was an active young child and was introduced to the sport of gymnastics at the age of six during a school field trip. Since then, she has exceled within the sport, even inventing a complex flip now known as the “Biles.” Biles’ accolades include:
- First woman gymnast to win three consecutive World All-Around titles;
- Most World Championship gold medals won by a female gymnast in history;
- Most decorated World Championship American gymnast with 14 total medals;
- First woman to capture four gold medals at a single World Championships (2014 & 2015) since the Soviet Union’s Ludmilla Tourischevain 1974; and
- First American woman in 23 years to win three all-around national titles.
Jonathan’s Place, the luncheon host and beneficiary, offers a range of support for children with specialized treatment for physical, mental and emotional healing. Its programs include:
- Dallas County’s only emergency shelter that welcomes newborns to 17 years old victims of abuse;
- A residential treatment program for girls 10 to 18 years old in need of therapeutic care;
- A foster care and adoption program that recruits, trains and supports foster and adoptive families;
- A transitional living program for young women aging out of foster care up to the age of 23; and
- A youth outreach offering immediate help and safety through the run-away prevention program, National Safe Place.
For more information about Jonathan’s Place call 972-303-5303 or visit www.jpkids.org.
“Jonathan’s Place is over the moon to have Simone Biles share her story of courage to overcome a tumultuous childhood,” said Jonathan’s Place CEO Allicia Graham Frye. “We are grateful for her sincerity and confident her story will be an inspiration to all supporters – old and new – of Jonathan’s Place.”
WHEN: Tuesday, April 25, 2017
10:30 a.m. – VIP Reception with Photo Opportunity
11:00 a.m. – Check-In
11:30 a.m. – Seated Luncheon
WHERE: Hilton Anatole Hotel
2201 N Stemmons Fwy
Dallas, TX 75207
LUNCHEON CHAIRS: Julie Bagley and Rachel Stephens
TICKETS: Sponsorships are now available. Table sales begin at $2,500. To purchase sponsorships or tables please contact Lana Marker at (972) 303-5303, ext. 221, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.jpkids.org/event/a-chance-to-soar-luncheon/ for more information.
MEDIA DETAILS: Media are invited to attend the luncheon, and Jonathan’s Place CEO Allicia Graham Frye is available for interview. For media credentials or interviews, contact Lana Marker at (972) 303-5303, ext. 221.